PEST & BUGS
COCKROACH CONTROL SERVICES
If the sight of a cockroach scuttling across your counter is becoming a frequent occurrence, it’s time to call an expert roach exterminator from Good Life Pest Solutions. We’ll visit your home or business, evaluate the situation, and recommend an appropriate treatment.
Call (916) 481-0268 or schedule pest control service now. We serve Sacramento and the surrounding areas with our commercial and home inspection services.
Signs Of Cockroach Infestation
These signs can point to an ever-worsening problem of an infestation and the need for roach control measures.
Shed cockroach skin
Visible cockroach activity
Choose Professional Treatment
Don’t lose valuable time trying to treat a cockroach problem yourself. At Good Life Pest Solutions, we work quickly to identify the type of cockroach you have, determine the scope of the infestation, and employ effective cockroach pest control measures.
- Cockroaches are secretive, and most likely you won’t see one until they have already reproduced. So, if you do see one, it usually means you already have an infestation.
- A single female roach lays and hatches hundreds of eggs in just a few weeks. So, two or three stray roaches quickly become hundreds.
- The longer you wait to call us, the worse the problem becomes.
- According to the Environmental Protection Agency, roaches contribute to the problems and diseases of asthma, allergies, and food contamination.
Types Of Cockroaches
While there are thousands of cockroach species throughout the world, these are the ones commonly found in the Sacramento area.
The American cockroach is the largest pest cockroach in the United States. It is reddish-brown in color and can grow to two inches long. The female American cockroach can produce an egg sack once every six days — in ideal settings, one cockroach can produce up to 336 nymphs. They are often found in kitchens, garages, and basements.
The German cockroach is commonly found inside homes and businesses. Adult German cockroaches are light brown in color and have a stripe along their back. They do have wings but cannot fly. You may notice them scurrying around the kitchen or bathroom.
The Oriental cockroach can grow to an inch in length. They do not have wings and can’t fly — if you happen to see a flying cockroach, it’s not this species. They are dark brown in color with a shiny exoskeleton. They like to live in sewers and underneath homes but can be found in living spaces.
Asian cockroaches are generally on the small side, less than an inch long. They have wings and are able to fly. Peak season occurs in the warmer months. They’re less active during winter. Unlike other roaches, they’re attracted to light. You might find them on lamp shades or near windowsills.
The Turkestan cockroach came to the US only about 40 years ago, but their numbers have exploded. Turkestan roaches reach a little more than an inch in length, with males having a red or brownish-orange color and females a dark brown or black coloration. Females reach maturity fast and lay more eggs than Oriental roaches, which means that infestations quickly become extensive.
Brown-banded roaches are small, measuring a half-inch in length, and hide behind appliances and picture frames. They are typically introduced via infested furniture, as they cannot survive outside in California and tend not to feed on kitchen waste. These roaches only account for about 1% of infestations in California.
Cockroach Treatment Options
Don’t fear. No matter how big or small your infestation is, we have a plan to take back control. Depending upon your situation, we can employ several methods to exterminate cockroaches. Our methods are safe, effective, and long-lasting. And if the cockroaches return, so will we.
- Bait trap: Cockroach bait traps are one of the most effective ways of getting rid of roaches. When set strategically by a pest control specialist, they actually serve multiple purposes such as trapping and killing roaches and giving us a better idea of where the cockroaches are the scope of the infestation. The traps are liquied and gel based.
- Aerosols: Dusts and sprays are a great option to kill roaches on the spot. Unlike traps, aerosols are meant to kill right away. This is not an appropriate option for extensive infestations where all roaches can’t be located.
- Insecticide: Cockroaches enter from outdoors. We’ll spray a protective insecticide barrier around your property to keep them out and schedule regular sprays to keep them out for good.
North American Home Services
Don’t put up with disease-carrying pests. Let the cockroach control experts at Good Life Pest Solutions give them their permanent eviction notice. Call (916) 481-0268 (Sacramento County Office) or schedule pest control service now. We serve Sacramento and the surrounding areas including Roseville, Lincoln, El Dorado Hills, Woodland, and Davis.
Are Ready To Help